Piper Life Sciences is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist in Baltimore, MD. The successful candidate will have an excellent academic and professional record with demonstrated laboratory skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment. Experience in chromatography and wet analytical chemistry is required. The candidate is expected to execute analytical methods and provide general analytical support, such as release testing of raw materials and final products.
Responsibilities of the Analytical Chemist:
- Execute analytical methods for in-process control, release testing and stability monitoring of bulk drug substances under cGMP guidelines. Release testing of raw materials and drug substances.
- Efficient operation of HPLC, GC, KF, TOC and other laboratory equipment.
- Writes standard operating procedures (SOPs) and qualification protocols for equipment, instrumentation and operations in cGMP processes. Additionally, supplies weekly updates on long-term projects. With guidance, prepares well written and organized development reports, validation protocols, and validation reports to convey the quality of the methods to clients.
- Follows SOPs and clearly documents all procedures and results in a GMP notebook.
- Works continually to increase his/her knowledge and understanding of FDA regulations and familiarity with ICH guidelines.
Qualifications of the Analytical Chemist:
- Has strong analytical chemistry skills, including HPLC, GC, and wet chemical methods. Has experience operating HPLC and GC equipment and executing method validations and transfers.
- Is knowledgeable of USP, EP, FDA and ICH requirements as they apply to production of drug substances.
- Is trained and competent in statistical treatment of data as it pertains to testing and sampling methods in the QC program.
Benefits for the Analytical Chemist:
- Salary: $55,000-75,000, commensurate with experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO
Please send all qualified resumes to Michael Epstein at email@example.com