- This Quality Engineering position is part of the Education Technology agile teams responsible for those world-class education products.
- This role is responsible for executing the Education Technology Quality Engineering strategy.
- They will work with peers and leads to enhance testing design and improve process standards, with a focus on effectiveness and quick feedback driven approaches.
- Delivery-focused testing and high-quality standards is paramount.
- This position is on the Analytics Platform team, which provides valuable information to business stakeholders on product usage, allowing the business to operate in a data-driven fashion.
- Job responsibilities include maintaining quality of analytics micro-services, big data capture, and ETL data processing pipelines.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of Quality Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
- Drive the quality engineering strategy on respective agile product teams
- Contribute to the API testing framework to ensure reliability of a multi-tenant RESTful microservices platform
- Write scripts to test AWS managed services for data pipelines
- Write front end test automation for product team's apps to validate analytics implementations
- Coordinate with Product teams on various analytics implementations (Adobe Analytics, IMS Global Caliper for Learning Analytics, Pendo, and other Analytics technologies)
- Use risked-based analysis to determine appropriate testing strategies, including regression, service integration, scope of sanity & smoke tests, performance & load testing, and production validation scope
- Coordinate with Development to prioritize, troubleshoot, and fix defects
- Work to deliver quick testing feedback in an Agile working environment
- Perform white-box testing and RCA of defects as needed
- Conduct team-wide exploratory testing sessions
- Participate in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) release management and provide production validation as needed
- Maintain respective testing environments
- Attend customer user sessions, refining test cases to always be user-focused
- Maintain escaped defect targets
- Jenkins, Kibana, Charles Proxy and/or Fiddler, Docker/Kubernetes, Selenium Grid, OpenShift, Linux, Github
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, D2L is a plus
- White Box Testing
- Documentation and Communication
- Browser testing methodologies
- Release Management
- Critical Thinking and Attention to Detail
- Root Cause Analysis
- Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Canvas)
- Software engineering design patterns