Job Title: AWS UNIX System Administrator
Length: 6 Month Contract with Potential for Permanent
Compensation: Competitive based on Education and Experience
Work Status: US citizen or a Green Card holder
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Our client is looking for a AWS UNIX System Administrator to work in their Columbia, MD office. This team provides the customer with single sign-on, and makes use of micro-services. The AWS UNIX System Administrator will ensure the system’s high availability, and maintain program Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). He or she will collaborate closely with developers and other technology personnel to develop, migrate and manage services in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment, and in physical data centers.
- Learn and implement new technologies or build them independently
- Identify potential scaling issues and help define how to monitor and fix them
- Deliver continuous improvement of recipes, scripts and templates for reproducible deployments
- Monitor and maintain multiple public-facing web applications
- Manage development repositories, build automation and application deployment activities
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Portal Systems Administration experience.
- Must be able to build code for releases and troubleshoot issues
- Experience working with DevOps- Developing automation scripts to automate deployments.
- Experience managing/administering AWS
- 10 years of experience automating and managing Linux infrastructure
- Expert in building Linux/Unix VM’s/AMI’s from scratch.
- Expert in automating patch install and security hardening.
- 5 year of experience in hosting high available/traffic websites infrastructure.
- 5 years of experience in fine tuning webservers and web applications.
- 5 years of experience with fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP.
- Health Care Industry or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) experience
- AWS certification
- Experience with integrating with micro services as a SaaS (hands-on)
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving at least hundreds of servers
- Experience using AWS FedRamp Services (hands-on)
- Expert with AWS EC2/AMI and cloud formation templates
- Expert in configuration management systems such as Ansible Chef, or Puppet
- Expert in any one of the following: Antivirus COTS products, encryption COT product, Ngini as SaaS, F5, role base authentication using Okta as SaaS, Workflow using Saviynt as SaaS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently and interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
- Works well as a team member in a fast-paced and often time-sensitive environment