Piper Companies is seeking a BI Architect who will work on a data warehouse team to deliver enterprise solutions to a customer base in Baltimore, Maryland (MD). The Quality Assurance Engineer will have the opportunity to work for one of the top rated companies in the area.
- Provide strong expertise in delivering enterprise Business Intelligence, data warehousing, and information delivery solutions.
- Contribute expertise to Business Intelligence (BI) Architecture efforts to establish appropriate information delivery solutions for disparate functional areas and user communities.
Responsibilities of the BI Architect include:
- Perform analysis, design, development, and testing activities in support of enterprise reporting, Business Intelligence, and data analytics solutions across a wide range of business and operational functional areas including but not limited to Financial Operations, Planning, and Project Management. (35%)
- Assist with the design, development, and deployment of next generation data warehouse and tools to support long term information delivery and data visualization needs. (35%)
- Provide operational support for new and existing BI and data warehouse components. Maintain system documentation. (30%)
- Required Qualifications:
- Computer Science bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related IT professional work experience.
Requirements of the BI Architect include:
- 12+ years of IT software development and support.
- 8+ years of experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Data Analytics using market-leading tools, including standard and ad-hoc reporting, dashboards and visualization tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing implementation methodologies and architectures.
- 4+ years of hands on experience with self service BI Tools like Tableau, Qlikview etc. Dimensional data modeling and design expertise in an enterprise data warehousing environment.
- Experience designing and developing reporting, information delivery solutions, data visualization, and dashboards in an enterprise data warehousing environment.
- Experience designing and building extract, transformation, and load (ETL) processes to convert operational transactional data into dimensions and fact tables
- Extensive experience with Oracle database design, SQL, PL/SQL and database query performance tuning
- Experience working collaboratively with business users and senior-level management users to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Experience with Data Modeling, strong knowledge and understanding of dimensional modeling, star schema, snowflake schema and cube design.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new processes and technologies
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Documented Business Intelligence and Data Analytics education or certification
- Experience with Microsoft BI Technology (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
U.S. Citizenship Mandatory
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Glen Burnie, MD 21060