Piper Companies is currently looking for an awesome Big Data Engineer to join a rapidly growing company in Conshohocken.
Responsibilities of the Big Data Engineer:
- Play an integral role in creating a Data Lake environment from scratch
- Gather data from the web and move the data through cloud distributed systems like NoSQL, Redshift/AWS, Cloudera, HDFS.
- Process data via Apache Spark.
- Hands on development with Java and Python
Qualifications of the Big Data Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred.
- Proficiency building data processing systems with Hadoop, MapReduce and HDFS using Python and Java.
- Experience using querying tools such as Pig and Hive.
- Experience building stream data processing systems using Apache Spark and PySpark.
- Experience administering, optimizing and troubleshooting NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and creating an effective Agile culture as well as implementing the appropriate Agile practices.
Perks/Benefits for the Big Data Engineer:
- You get to work with all of the latest and greatest technologies including the hottest Big Data technologies/tools.
- Flex work schedules, unlimited vacation days, weekly catered lunches, full stocked kitchen
- Newly constructed, state of the art office, walking distance to train station
- Personal & professional development is a top priority
Please send resumes to Joseph Marshall at JMarshall@pipercompanies.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Conshohocken, PA 19428