Piper Clinical Solutions
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Bethesda, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
· Gather and analyze project technical and non-technical requirements, document requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development team.
· Gather and understand customer / end-user requirements by conducting research, interviewing end-users, stakeholders and job shadowing activities.
· Take responsibility for the overall application development lifecycle, including ensuring that project deliverables meet or exceed policies, procedures, and standards.
· Assists the Project Manager in developing the Work Breakdown Structure to organize the total work scope of the project.
· Collaborate with development team in designing the application/functionality, database, reports, and processes to help in accomplishing stated business needs in the most efficient way possible.
· Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity.
· Present functional specifications to internal stakeholders for review/acceptance and compliance with requirements.
· Facilitate and lead meetings with various internal and external stakeholders.
· Participate in impact analysis of changes to systems identifying the risks, benefits and costs associated with the change.
· Evaluate and assess the risk in collaboration with Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
· Ensure accuracy, completeness, clarity and simplification of functional specifications and obtain and ensure end user acceptance and understanding of functional specifications.
· Create and manage process workflows, diagrams, wireframes and other project deliverables.
· Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs and business scenarios.
· Manages requirements traceability information and tracks requirements status throughout the project.
· Develops, conducts, and coordinates Testing and Validation activities.
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
· Experience with Agile methodologies is required.
· Strong knowledge of business process analysis, requirements analysis, and software analysis and design.
· Demonstrates a high level of working knowledge with Information Security and Technology methodologies and processes (i.e. Project Life Cycle, System Development Life Cycle and Change Management process)
· Knowledge of business analysis techniques such as interviewing, brainstorming, modeling, risk analysis, estimating, and peer review.
· Experience collaborating with customer representatives, program management, and quality managers to define and document requirements.
· Act as a liaison between the business and IT Team in translating complex business needs into requirements realization.
· Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team.
· Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to ask probing questions to business team members.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively.
· Regularly interface with various cross-functional teams throughout the organization
· Managing the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team
· Understanding of FDA regulations and application of guidelines detailed in FDA 21 CFR Part 11, including system validation requirements
Piper Clinical Solutions