Reporting to VP of Global Applications, the Senior Portfolio Environment Management is the leader of the software change management team. Responsibilities include defining and enforcing overall release management processes, constructing deployment schedules with milestones showing key dependencies between components of the release, actively building and packaging those components, and deploying those components into post-Development environments. He/She will work with Developers and other Release Managers to establish an automated build and release process for the enterprise as a maturing corporate competency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of multiple software deployment efforts simultaneously, especially the formal planning, risk assessment, and prioritization of associated release efforts.
- Organization and hosting of recurring status meetings with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers, Systems Administrators, and IT Operations Staff. The successful candidate will confidently field questions and handle issues arising from these meetings while enforcing established software deployment practices.
- Participating in issue/problem resolution as required.
- Ensuring all documentation and approval requirements for each release are met.
- Describing the characteristics of each release through standardized data entry in order to drive Release Management metrics reports.
- Creating and maintaining build and deployment pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Managing branching (create branches, execute merges) and labeling strategies in source code control system (GitHub Enterprise).
- Providing direction to development teams on source code management for Agile development teams.
- Participating in release coordination and communication to stakeholders.
- Implementing tactical improvements for Configuration Management and Build and Release tools and processes.
- Developing expertise within the team.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Software version control (GIT, Subversion, other tools), application build and launch.
- Change and Release management.
- Project and People management.
- Cloud-based deployments.
- Able to work within established guidelines for source code structure and SDLC processes, while respectfully pitching appropriate process changes and deployment automations to other members of the team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sarbanes-Oxley auditing teams.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL and PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Hands-on completion of software releases.
- Experience with release, change, and configuration management through the SDLC.
- Proven track record of delivering software releases / projects on time.
- Familiarity with complex system integration and software development life cycles and projects
- Strong process background with ability to develop process documentation and guidance independently with minimal project PM guidance.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in CM and Build functions with 1 to 2 years in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of system integration.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Demonstrated success communicating across a variety of audiences, including executives, business staff and technologists (both up and down the organization).
- Experience writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- MS-Office Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project, and Visio
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage conflicting interests and identify compromises.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- High energy, can-do, results-oriented personality.
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to see the interrelationship of projects across "the big picture" and the details at a granular level
- Must be knowledgeable in support of SQL Server, Oracle, and Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Must be knowledgeable on automated build tools and implementation (Azure DevOps).
STRONLY PREFERRED SKILLS:
- 3+ years experience with Ellucian Banner, mulesoft or an ERP solution.
- Hands-on experience administering and/or deploying Microsoft Dynamics CRM strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience administering and/or deploying Informatica or Rabbit MQ strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience working with Development teams using Agile methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience with high availability education systems and web sites on Windows and UNIX/Linux platforms is strongly preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Information Technology
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- 5+ years of working hands-on with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of experience in software release coordination, quality assurance, development, technical support or IT a must.
- 3+ years of experience with IIS & Web server load balancing preferred.
- 5+ years of overall SDLC experience.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Howard County, MD 21298
Piper Enterprise Solutions