Clinical Social Worker Position
Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking social workers for case management positions at a major hospital system in the Raleigh/Durham area. This is position has the option to work Monday through Friday 9-5pm.
Responsibilities for Clinical Social Worker – MSW and LCSW:
- See patients in the hospital to evaluate, discuss, and educate patients and/or their families on their plan of care.
- Educate patients and their families on their insurance coverage, prescribed medication, wellness best practices, and available resources.
- Coordinate with medical professionals to ensure quality of care and cost-effective care for the patients.
- Will perform other duties as needed by the patient including arranging transportation, coordinating obtaining medical devices, and arranging in home care.
- Review medical charts, extract data, input data, and write up summaries in relation to the evaluations and interviews.
Technical Requirements for Clinical Social Worker – MSW and LCSW:
- Must have a Master’s in Social Work from an accredited university. Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) is a must.
- At least 5 years of hands on patient care experience within a hospital setting including admitting and discharging in various units.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with EMR systems, word processing applications and data management systems.
- At least 3 years of care management experience, writing up care plans and discharge planning.
Compensation & Benefits for Clinical Social Worker – MSW and LCSW:
- Compensation: $25-35/hr based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO etc
Keywords: case manager, case management, social worker, msw, lcsw, hospital, cardiology, emergency department, oncology, care plans, care manager, icu, surgery, discharge plans