Piper Companies is seeking a Cloud Engineer who will work on a small team to preform daily activities in a VMWare environment to an enterprise customer base in Baltimore, Maryland (MD). The Cloud Engineer will have the opportunity to work for one of the top-rated companies in the area.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Engineer include:
- Perform day-to-day activities in a VMware environment.
- Understand client/stakeholder needs and create a coherent technology vision to meet/exceed their respective expectations.
- Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects while adhering to a time allocation model
- Assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Manage through conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for the clients and company.
- Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions.
- Active participant on the IT Leadership team, collaborating with peers on steady state as well as strategic direction.
- Ability to create and communicate a clear business case justifying project, team, and technology costs.
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Provide continuous improvement regarding the quality of delivered services.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record to build new public, private and hybrid cloud compute and storage infrastructure from POC to launch and provide ongoing maintenance
- Develop and propose Managed Hosting standards and best practices for processes, procedures, and technical standards.
Expected Knowledge of:
- A wide spectrum of technologies which include but are not limited to: Enterprise Storage and Server Platforms, Linux servers, Collaboration, high availability solutions, and virtualization technologies.
- Infrastructure components from key vendors including Cisco, VMware, Juniper, ELK, F5 and Citrix.
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management.
- Heavy Automation experience
- Enterprise System Management tools.
- Active Directory Group Policies and LDAP authentication to include software deployment, security settings, and application settings.
- Intermediate Knowledge in Amazon Web services components including EC2, Elastic Map Reduce, S3, EBS, CloudTrail
- Deep understanding of cloud security concepts including Firewall, VPC’s, Encryption, Authentication and Authorization (SSO, Active Directory/LDAP etc.) strategies
- Additional experience with other major cloud providers including AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Azure highly desired
- Experience with Third Party Cloud Automation, Platform Management and Cost management tools are highly desired
- Scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Java, Python, Linux Shell, PowerShell/vbScript, and PowerCLI
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for college education.
- 4+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
- Certifications within engineering discipline and IT industry (ITIL, RHCE and CCNA) are highly desired.
- 3+ years professional experience in designing technology solutions
- Certifications within engineering discipline and Cloud industry (VCP, AWS, GCP or Azure) certifications are highly desired.
Salary Range: $110,000-115,000 commensurate with experience and education
Full benefits: Full Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Holidays
Please send ONLY qualified candidates to Joseph Gros at email@example.com