Piper Companies is looking for a Data Architect for a contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Columbia, MD. The Data Architect will be responsible for driving the analysis of system requirements, implementing data governance, maintaining the data dictionary and following compliance procedures. A successful candidate must be able to streamline data flows, quality, security and delivery of data across the systems. The appropriate candidate for this position would possess a strong business acumen working independently and across teams.
- Contribute in the definition and implementation of data governance/Compliance practices.
- Design data structures and data integration practices that are highly scalable data services.
- Lead the data architecture for the decision support systems including rules, policies, standards and models that govern and define the type of data collected and how it is used, stored, managed and integrated and its database systems.
- Work with Data Management group to implement data modelling best practices for decision support systems.
- Lead the technology and information architecture for the decision support systems.
- Work closely with the infrastructure teams to create a physical environment to support data services.
- Evaluate new and existing (internal and external) technologies and services in support of data services and data analytics objectives.
- Prepare and present Cost Benefit Analysis of data platforms and tools.
- Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Maintains database dictionaries, monitors standards and procedures and integration of systems through database design.
- Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of data base management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases.
- Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Evaluates data base design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Should have experience with ETL technologies preferably ODI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years’ experience in a data analysis or data management role
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Information technology primarily focused on Data Architecture, Data Governance etc.
- Experience with oracle database and ODI (advanced knowledge preferred)
- Salary commensurate on experience ranging between $105-115k + 10% annual bonus and flexibility for candidates that exceed the requirements
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO and Holidays
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Columbia, MD 21046