Piper Life Sciences is actively seeking a Downstream Process Development Group Leader to work at a well-established biotechnology company in the Vancouver, Washington area.
Responsibilities for Group Leader:
- Head various aspects of the downstream process development including design of experiment (DOE), managing deliverables, and presenting findings.
- Oversee and manage a team of research associates and scientists in regards to their work and projects for the process of purifying monoclonal antibodies and other proteins.
- Lead the department by keeping up with current methodology and technology for protein purification and downstream processes to train and develop the team.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on the progress of the team, projects, and deliverables.
Technical Requirements for Group Leader:
- PhD with 5 years of industry experience or Master’s Degree with 10 years of industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading projects and teams as well as developing protein purification processes from beginning to end.
- Hands on experience with downstream process development including design of experiments (DOE), scaling up the process, transferring to manufacturing, and troubleshooting the process.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing projects as well as personnel.
Compensation & Benefits for Group Leader:
- Compensation: based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO etc