Piper Companies is actively seeking a passionate Embedded Systems Research Engineer who has a true calling in working within one of the most leading-edge Research & Development organizations in the Washington DC area. We are seeking candidates with an interest in innovative research as well as a commitment to developing solutions for the real world.
Have you ever dreamt of building a leading-edge gadget that would impress the likes of James Bond? If inventing, prototyping and engineering breakthrough technologies for our government and intel industry gets you excited...then I think its safe to say we should talk.
- Solve cutting edge cyber security problems with a talented multi-discipline group of researchers
- Develop custom software/hardware that implement research prototypes
- Transition successful R&D prototypes to customers
- Hone your skills in reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and program/binary analysis
- A fundamental understanding of computers and operating systems
- Thorough understanding of memory management concepts (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
- Enough level of comfort reading and writing assembly language (x86 and/or ARM)
- Some experience with program analysis techniques and tools such as taint analysis, program slicing, symbolic execution, constraint solving, dynamic instrumentation, IDA Pro, WinDbg, Valgrind, PIN, Panda, and S2E
- Working knowledge of hacking tools and techniques such as memory corruption exploits, fuzzing, rootkits, protocol poisoning, browser-based attacks, DNS poisoning, MetaSploit, nmap, Nessus, etc.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Interested in building out our team culture and capabilities
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $125,000 to $150,000/year + Bonus
- Benefits: 401k Match, Equity Incentives, Alternate Work Schedule, 4 Weeks PTO, 10 Holidays, Medical, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Paid On-Site Parking, Profit Sharing
- Work Life Balance: Alternate Work Schedule Options, Remote Flexibility, Onsite Gym
If Interested, please send resumes to Mike Hanlon at email@example.com