Piper Companies is seeking an extremely motivated self-starting full-stack Web Engineer with strong experience in developing, administering and maintaining applications in AWS, utilizing a typical Linux/MySQL/Apache/PHP (LAMP) stack. Experience with Content Management Systems such as Drupal/Pimcore is also desired. Candidate must be willing to provide regular on-call support and adhere to engineering and operational standards and best practices.
This is a DevOps role to join a team with full end-to-end ownership of 50+ websites and applications. Team member will be held accountable for engineering deliverables as well as our commitments to product SLAs.
- Participation in the requirements/analysis phase of new projects
- Translation of requirements to use cases and user stories
- Development of websites/portals/services for projects with an attention to detail, scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- Configuration and maintenance of cloud infrastructure.
- Low-level troubleshooting across all components
- Quickly responding to and resolving production issues and customer support requests
- Bachelors degree in a technical field, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of programming or technical experience
- Must be able to write unit tests and follow coding and security best practices.
- Working experience with CMS platforms such as Pimcore, Drupal and Wordpress
- Experience with infrastructure and application automation, containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, ECS, etc) is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with working across the full application stack, including system administration, configuration and troubleshooting in Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, etc
- Must be able operationalize applications and services with proper monitoring / alerting / reporting etc.
- Candidate must have experience with build and test automation. (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology and proficiency with tools such as Jira/Confluence is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar Cloud technologies is desired.
- Must be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, superb time management, excellent people skills and be able to work independently or in a team environment
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Sterling, VA 20166