Piper Companies is seeking to augment our customer’s Hardware Engineering Team who collaborates with our software engineering team on all phases of the product life-cycle including new product development and sustaining engineering. Primary responsibilities include analog and digital hardware design, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, and test. This position reports to the Director of Engineering in their Jessup, MD Engineering Center.
- Design and develop hardware for new products. Take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware with input and guidance from Senior Engineers.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Uphold hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Collaboration with other team members (hardware & software engineers and electronic technicians) to agree on system designs, interfaces, and protocols.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- BS, Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuit design
- PCB layout expertise with consideration for EMI / high-speed signals / RF
- Basic C/C++ skills to assist with early hardware bring-up and test
- Ability to collaborate, communicate with and work with others
- Excellent Technical Writing Skills
- 7+ years experience in a design environment
- Experience in Electronics Manufacturing or Power Electronics industry
- Lean Product Development exposure
- Interfacing with Agile software team
- Solar Industry Experience
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this role.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Jessup, MD 20794
Piper Enterprise Solutions