Piper Companies is looking for a Help Desk Lead in Laurel, MD for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Laurel, MD. The official title for the role is Sr. IS Operations Analyst, but an ideal candidate will have Tier III support experience and consider themselves a Technical Subject Matter Expert with the ability to lead a team of technicians in an enterprise environment. This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining our client’s Information Services (IS) infrastructure and software systems. This includes database software, network application software, core processing, and microcomputer-based applications. This is a team leadership role that supports the Manager of IS Operations by facilitating, monitoring, and coaching the team’s work and progress.
- Coordinates the daily work of the IS Operations area to include helping to prioritize tasks and determine work assignments. Also works closely with other IS areas and user departments to coordinate stable rollout of new software programs and releases.
- Provides technical support for projects in support of TFCU requirements evaluating options and developing project plans to ensure appropriate coordination and sequencing of tasks.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of TFCU's systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer based, and host-based software.
- Establishes and coordinates backup procedures for network applications in conjunction with Technical Services. Validates and updates IS Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Acts as back up in the absence of the Manager, IS Operations to handle daily operational & helpdesk activities and refers all non-operational issues to IS Management.
- Establishes procedures, transaction protocol and report parameters based on user requirements. Determines user software and system configuration requirements.
- Provides direction and guidance on problem resolution to the IS Operations staff. Includes overseeing the support of user problems and the answering of user questions relative to application and database issues.
- Ensures that current and complete documentation of system specifications are maintained, and that parameters and procedures are updated regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another relevant field with 3-5 years in a technical role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess expertise in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word (certifications are a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a LAN environment, preferably with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 7 in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Operational knowledge and proficiency working within a mainframe database and/or open systems environment such as HP-UX to include trouble-shooting experience.
- Experience working with job automation tools such as UC4 or Automic.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL administration and query development.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range between $55,000-$65,000 a year with flexibility commensurate on experience
- Full Benefits including: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com