Job Title: IAM Administrator
Location: Laurel, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Administrator is responsible for maintaining application, database, server and network systems and access using various applications and tools to ensure system integrity is maintained. Incumbent is responsible for completing access requests, ensuring timely handling, monitoring departmental queue for requests and ensuring work product is in compliance with policies, Standards and Procedures. Analyzes access requests to various business systems and applications, including creation, deletion and modification of access within business roles and groups, as required and within established parameters. The IAM Administrator is responsible for the provisioning and de-provisioning of access to applications, infrastructure and operating systems per approved Standards and Procedures, completing governance reviews and audits, and generating related reports.
- Implements provisioning and de-provisioning of user access to various enterprise systems and applications. Creates accounts, assigns permissions, deletes accounts, and completes the appropriate modifications when a user’s role changes in accordance with Standards and Procedures.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer-based, and host-based software.
- Conducts user access reviews to verify compliance with Standards and Procedures as part of department’s governance process
- Conducts security audits and assessments on system and application configuration.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer based, and host-based software.
- Supports IS Operations area in triaging and resolving end user system related issues and monitoring systems availability when assigned.
- Develops knowledge of new hire onboarding, employee off boarding, department transfers, access remediation, and privileged access issues.
- Analyzes detected vulnerabilities and generates remediation plans to reduce risk.
- Manages key processes associated with user access controls. Assesses changes in access and conducts audits to verify compliance with standards.
- Acts as subject matter expert, reviews processes and recommends enhancements that will improve security and efficiency of processes to management prior to implementation.
- Assists in troubleshooting and problem analysis by working with other teams, vendors, or users in diagnosing and resolving user access issues.
- Uses scripting (PowerShell) to provide automation to complete tasks, generates reports to provide improvement and optimization to operational processes.
- Compiles data and creates reports for management review on a regular or as needed basis. Assists with resolving unique or complex security access requests including internal and external audit and disaster recovery testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Server infrastructure including Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server and other stand-alone application systems.
- Experience should include: reviewing system reports and conducting audits of various IT systems and applications, and knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Microsoft MCSA Windows or ITIL v3 certification preferred.
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management best practices and principals.
- Knowledge and experience using an identity and access management tool such as NetIQ.
- Must possess knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7/10 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Knowledge and experience responding to security incidents at various severity levels.
- Knowledge and experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery including system recovery processes.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and common applications
- Knowledge of network and server infrastructure including network devices, server and desktop virtualization platforms and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Ability to create and effectively present relevant and readable diagrams, graphs, charts and presentation materials, proposals, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for a diverse audience.