Implementation Project Manager
Piper Companies is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Project Manager to join our client’s team in Linthicum, MD. We’re looking for a team player who embraces challenges, loves technology and is open to learning and enhancing their Project Management skills in a customer-facing role. Project Managers will manage (simultaneously) multiple small to medium short-term SaaS implementation projects. We are looking for a dynamic person who truly appreciates delivering high-quality system implementations to ensure customer success. This opportunity offers significant remote work options as sitting onsite most of the week is not necessary.
As Project Manager, you will provide effective management of various size clinical IT projects working directly with customers and the internal engineering department. The Project Manager is the primary customer contact during implementation and responsible for the overall success of the project and timeline. Specific duties include:
- Provide effective management of various size IT projects
- Applying a standard defined methodology to the project such as PMI.
- Provide the management and technical skills necessary to control the execution of the project’s tasks.
- Responsible for overall success of the project and has responsibility and accountability for the budget of the entire project.
- Collects and documents project issues and manages their timely resolution.
- Ensures projects are staffed, duties and responsibilities are completed on time.
- Close collaboration with sales and engineers
- At the completion of a project, captures lessons learned, and communicates those to other project managers and team leads.
- Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
- As required, develop pricing/Level of Effort (LOE), Statement of Work (SOW) and proposals for our customers.
- Develop effective working relationships with other departments across the organization to ensure successful delivery of the proposal
- Defining, coordinating and allocating resources as needed for project deliveries.
- Developing an effective project plan and work breakdown structure for controlling the project scope, schedule and cost baseline, and monitors the project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinates activities to meet project milestones.
- Managing project budget by tracking and reporting project team hours on a weekly basis.
- Maintenance of processes and procedures.
- Competently work on multiple, competing project requirements at the same time.
- Adhere to weekly status reporting requirements for communicating project information to the project team and to the project stakeholders.
- Advises project team members and stakeholders of actions required or completed.
- At least 3+ years of technical project management skills, along with
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or Healthcare; equivalent experience considered.
- Experience in clinical IT environment is preferred along with a strong background in IT technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and diverse requirements from competing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in formal project management methodologies, along with knowledge and understanding of accounting practices.
- MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Office skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly.
- Results driven, with excellent customer relationship, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Training in Project Management or PMP certification preferred.
- Salary commensurate on experience with flexibility for well qualified candidates, target range is between $70,000-90,000/yr
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
- Remote work is available
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090