The Internal Infrastructure Project Manager will gather and evaluate information concerning corporate IT infrastructure needs, estimate and schedule project activities, coordinate and participate in analysis/design/delivery activities, ensure that systems infrastructure changes are fully tested, and coordinate implementation of the changes. The project manager will lead multiple projects simultaneously; projects may be large and of moderate to significant in complexity.
- Development of scope statements, project plans, WBS, schedule, communications plan, quality management plan, risk response plan, procurement management plan and procurement documents and statement of work for efforts to upgrade or replace infrastructure.
- Assist in gathering business requirements as required and requested by management.
- Ensure the project delivers agreed-to scope within the committed timeframes and budget.
- Work with resource managers and other project managers to identify project team, estimate activity durations and costs and hold project kick-off meeting.
- Schedule outages to provide the least business impact and ensure system changes are announced to internal and external Railinc customers.
- Work with application support organizations to analyze effects of application changes on the overall capacity and performance requirements of the environment.
- Understand technical, information and solution architecture viewpoints of the IT strategy and work with Enterprise Architects to implement the strategy.
- Lead effort with technical resources within IS&S to develop implementable designs. Ensure those designs are reviewed with Architecture team.
- Work with resource managers to complete and authorize work packages.
- Measure and report project performance and status, identify and control changes.
- Participate in Statement of Work process as requested by Partner Manager.
- Document existing processes; identify ways to incrementally improve internal processes
- Provide program management for disaster recovery and business continuity to include preparing for and conducting various tabletops, exercises and drills. Preparation involves working with all levels of the company to ensure they are prepared for a business disruption.
- Work with various stakeholders regarding definition and tracking of performance towards Service Level Agreements
- Provide assistance to Infrastructure Department operations as needed for managing resources during maintenance windows and Root Cause Analysis of infrastructure related incidents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Computer Science, Data Processing, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a project management and/or technical infrastructure resource role in a corporate information technology department.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the following, preferred:
- Mid-range and LAN servers, operating systems, and management and administration tools
- Web-based application and database environments and related products
- Data networking and communications including network security, firewalls, LAN, VLAN, WAN, and wireless networking design, implementation, and optimization
- Project management experience in IT infrastructure preferred
- Experience with disaster recovery/business continuity program management and conducting tabletops and exercises preferred
- Experience managing an environment using WebSphere, Oracle, Solaris and Unix/Linux preferred
- PMI certification preferred
- ABCP or CBCP certification preferred