Primary Responsibility: Responsibilities include performing moderately complex and complex audits, developing risk assessments, drafting audit programs, performing test plans using established techniques and analyzing control trends to provide management with recommendations for improvement. Will determine the adequacy of the accounting system to safeguard assets and to produce reliable accounting data from which financial statements can be derived.
- Conduct financial, system, operational and other internal audits to ensure compliance with internal policy and procedure and relevant rules and regulations (i.e., GAAP, GAAS, SOX).
- Develop audit procedures to assess the accuracy of financial information, the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with policies and external regulations.
- Assist in the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Conduct risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Document audit work according to accepted standards and provide internal audit reports to the Audit Committee and senior management.
- Recommend appropriate action plans for any deficiencies noted and monitor the implementation of corrections and improvements.
- Coordinate and manage external financial and system audits, including annual SSAE16, Type II and various industry-initiated audits.
- Perform reviews of computer systems in the areas of general controls, application controls, and system security.
- Plan and perform internal audits at Railinc’s affiliate companies, AAR and TTCI, and provide recommendations to improve financial and IT internal control processes and procedures. Travel required approximately two weeks per quarter.
- Apply technical expertise to special problems, issues, policies and requests of senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer information systems, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting/finance/auditing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and Sarbanes-Oxley as well as other rules and regulations.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office required; particularly spreadsheet tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal easily and effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to present and explain concepts with technical and non-technical staff.
- Professional certification (CPA / CIA / CISA) preferred.
- Experience with SAS or SQL preferred.
- Experience with information technology auditing preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Financials accounting package preferred.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Cary, NC 27513