Job Title: IS Operation Analyst
Location: Laurel, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
This position is responsible for operating the clients core processing systems and responding to end user helpdesk requests in support of business needs. This position reports to the Manager of IS Operations. The Operations Support Analyst’s role includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests in addition to actively managing ongoing core processing. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Monitors and maintains core processing operations in order to provide continuous on-line data processing services in support of operations.
- Logs events in the daily operations (i.e. system down, data processing issue, environmental issue) utilizing helpdesk tool.
- Logs incoming help requests from end users in a courteous manner utilizing helpdesk tool.
- Troubleshoots and resolves end user requests. If appropriate, escalate issues to specialists in the IS department.
- Documents problem solving outcomes using the helpdesk tool in order to provide a historical reference and troubleshooting guide. This information will be utilized as a knowledge base for future issues.
- Responsible for operating the core processing system, peripheral equipment/connections and supporting systems. The position monitors the various on-line systems and associated software. The Operations Support Analyst responds to messages received from the system and takes the appropriate action to verify the operating status of the computer and data communications systems.
- Documents/updates all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue while soliciting problem details. Assigns and reviews open tickets to ensure that necessary services are procured for help desk callers. Performs post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Provides call tracking support for Fiserv issues to include logging new calls, pulling regular status updates on all open issues, and soliciting input from various Information Services staff regarding complex issues.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation and recordkeeping to include the tracking of software licenses and hardware inventory.
- The Operations Support Analyst must continually expand knowledge base in support of software and hardware used by the organization. This position requires a broad-based of knowledge to include core system operations, hardware/software troubleshooting, and basic telecom management/troubleshooting.
- Downloads and tracks software updates necessary for end user applications. Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Performs related duties when assigned.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to remain on call for after-hours support
- Must be willing to travel to all remote locations and to conferences/training deemed necessary by Management.
- Ability to arrive at work routinely and promptly
- Must be able to visually and physically check/inspect cabling beneath and/or behind objects such as desks, personal computers, printers, etc. This may include moving or lifting computer equipment from or to a desk, floor, or table.
- Must be able to respond to daily help desk problems and install requests by physically moving without assistance to all end-users’ workstations.
- Level I - Associates Degree in a related field and/or 2-3 years relevant experience
- Level II – Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 3-5 years relevant experience.
- A+, Network+, HDI or MCITP type certification preferred.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess knowledge and proficiency in personal computer use, preferably with Windows 7/10 Workstation and Windows 2012 Server applications.
- Knowledge of HPUX operating system preferred.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Core Processing preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical users at all organizational levels
- Ability to provide explanation or instruction and respond to questions in one-on-one situations in person and/or over the phone
- RCA Clearance Required