IT Operations Manager
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Operations Manager for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Columbia, MD. The IT Operations Supervisor will oversee a team of 3 IT professionals, directing, coordinating, and at times providing hands on support to the day to day operations of the network, systems administration and help desk functions. They will be responsible for ensuring effective and appropriate support and maintenance of computer systems, LAN, WAN and server infrastructure, network security, backup systems, software and applications on servers, workstations and laptops for over 500 end users.
- Oversee day to day operation of systems administration, network and help desk functions. Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff including hiring, training, mentoring, assigning work, evaluating and correcting job performance and disciplining as needed.
- Responsible for working with internal customers, end users, IT staff and senior management to analyze and implement solutions which achieve a balance between cost considerations and business requirements while maintaining consistency with the overall technical architecture and IT strategic plan.
- Establish a proactive customer service-oriented team atmosphere, encouraging staff to participate in development and improvement of their own skills as well as the facilitating the development of technology skills for all SSI employees.
- Design, manage, administer and support the entire network environment (LAN/WAN). Troubleshoot and resolve complicated communication/network issues as they arise.
- Manage upgrades, implementations and projects related to network/infrastructure, servers, LAN/WAN, security, user technology equipment.
- Analyze new and existing technology solutions and prepare prioritized recommendations for maintenance and improvement including prioritized budget recommendations and ROI where applicable.
- User support for PC applications – including but not limited to: Microsoft OS, Microsoft Office Suite/Office365, SharePoint and any other associated software applications.
- Maintenance of PC systems – including servers, workstations and laptops.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of data on computer systems – through a complete understanding of the backup system. Ensure appropriate maintenance of backup system and compliance with all regulations.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all server systems and their related hardware/operating system/security/software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, contractors and auditors.
- Coordinate with IT Management to formulate budgetary plans and ensure upkeep of all equipment and software.
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/information technology or related field (may consider candidates without a degree but with equivalent experience/certifications)
- 7+ years of experience in network/systems design/management or equivalent aggregate experience
- Verifiable competency in specific areas including, but not limited to network and systems management
- An expert level of understanding of the following technologies:
- TCP/IP and other network protocols
- Security best practices
- Server and PC Hardware and Operation
- System Administration
- VLAN and VPN technologies (networking)
- LAN/WAN technology
- This position is responsible for the daily direction and supervision of multiple information technology departmental employees so previous experience managing or leading a team of IT professionals is required
- Salary commensurate on experience ranging from $80,000-100,000 with some flexibility for all-star candidates
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
- One day every other week remote work is possible after an intro period
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com