Lead API Architect
Piper Companies is seeking for a Lead API Architect to join one of the top Healthcare companies in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area. The role will be working with cutting edge technology that will help improve patient’s lives and will also shape the future of technology by staying abreast industry trends while maintaining the application and data API.
Responsibilities for the Lead API Architect will include:
- Supporting all functions of validation and/or testing activities for projects to ensure objectives are completed on time and in adherence with SOPs.
- Supporting and assisting in the review of the system’s architecture and providing testing-related feedback and input.
- Taking charge of formulating, implementing, and managing the ongoing testing strategic initiative to build, grow, and maintain a reusable testing and validation assets for applications.
- Developing implementable test reduction plans for applications and projects to prescriptively select the types of testing required, areas requiring testing, and depth/extent of testing activities.
- Developing and reviewing methods to assess quality and efficiency of work performed by the team, internal process improvement, work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviewing requirements and provide input to help develop high quality and detailed requirements to ensure traceability and that user needs are met.
- Coordinating, designing, writing, reviewing, monitoring, and executing tests to prove systems functionality, verify business and user requirements are met and that systems will operate as expected in the production environment.
- Managing work performed by external vendors and vendor spend.
- Performs other duties as required.
Requirements needed for the Lead API Architect:
- Master’s Degree in computer science or related field with a minimum 10 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 10+ years’ of progressive experience in computer system support, design and engineering in a large distributed computing environment.
- Strong understanding of all regulations toward hardware and software systems.
- Possesses extensive working knowledge of the SOA and API Management spaces, standards, best practices
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the Restful API Modeling Language (RAML), main message broker technologies specifically in Java Message Service (JMS) and Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), and all major integration frameworks
- Possesses a solid understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to help in his/her interaction with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from developers to executives. Has developed very good facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills for enterprise level documents.
- Possesses well developed ability to lead geographically dispersed teams toward a common goal.
Compensation for the Software Engineer
- Salary $120,000 - $140,000
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible workspaces that cater to your current needs and personal preferences, including collaboration rooms, private offices, pair programming offices, etc.
Please send qualified resumes to Mike Moreno at Mmoreno@pipercompanies.com
· No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available