Piper Companies has been engaged to lead a Professional Search for a Lead Mobile Engineer (iOS) in Arlington, VA to lead a team with drive, technical and intellectual horsepower, and diverse perspectives. We are looking for a foundational member of the iOS development team and will be tasked in leading the technical direction of our iOS platform and helping build out the team further.
You will be directly involved with improving and building on the core platform, working closely with the rest of the development team to provide a host of new features and performance improvements, working with some of the biggest, blue chip clients and the largest data sets in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in a founding team of iOS engineers on an application to be used and enjoyed by thousands of users worldwide and be directly responsible for the mobile experience of our contributor network
- Work on a modern iOS 10 stack built fully on Swift, adaptive layouts using size classes and offline data for remote areas
- Write peer reviewed, well tested, modular code using unit and functional test coverage
- Collaborate with backend engineers on developing to define efficient and scalable data contracts
- Collaborate with Android engineers to partner on similar architecture concepts that still benefit from the unique advantages of the iOS platform
- Work on a code base that leverages continuous integration and beta distributions
- Proactively share technical knowledge through information sessions, documentation and blog posts
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing quality iOS applications in the App Store with a significant user base or brand
- Passionate about mobile architecture and separation of concerns for UI, data storage and network access
- Experience in Swift
- Experience with Xcode and Interface Builder including Storyboards, Autolayout and Core Data
- Demonstrated use of asynchronous coding with Blocks and Grand Central Dispatch
- Demonstrated ability to solve repetitive, error prone engineering work with a well thought through software design
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $120,000 to $165,000/year
- Benefits: Health, Dental Vision, 401k + EQUITY, Daily Lunch & Snacks, Unlimited PTO, Flexible Work Hours, Remote Flexibility
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Arlington, VA 22209