Lead Network & Computer Systems Administrator
Piper Companies is looking for a Lead Network & Computer Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Server systems for our client in Columbia, MD. The individual will begin in a lead position but will have the opportunity to train to the level on Infrastructure Manager with as many as 2-3 direct reports supporting an environment of 160+ end users sitting throughout the US and abroad.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, IS, or related fields is required
- At least 5 years IT or IS experience is required
- Experience in the following technologies is highly desirable:
- Network switch programming, configuration, troubleshooting, and management
- Firewall configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- DMZ Server configurations
- IPsec VPN and SSLVPN management
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (or later)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server (hypervisor)
- Windows Powershell
- Active Directory management including LDAP, LDAPS, and Federation
- Windows AD Group Policy management and deployment
- Windows IIS deployment and configuration
- Microsoft SQL Server installation, configuration, and deployment
- Office 365 deployment and management
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) deployment and management
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) deployment and management
- Application Lifecyle Management (ALM) deployment and management
- AD and File Server auditing
- Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS
- Architect, configure, and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Deployment of new applications as needed
- Installation, configuration, and deployment of Microsoft SQL Server database instances for use by various applications
- Assist in the evaluation of and requirements for new applications
- Architect network and server for new facilities as needed
- Test and monitor Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption.
- Assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Supervise information system staff.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Install, setup, configure, and deploy new firewall, network, and server equipment including upgrades
- Plan, coordinate, and implement server and network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware from malware, intrusion, malicious destruction, etc.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications and virus protection software.
- Monitor current malware and intrusion threats and notify management and employees on steps on prevention and recovery
- Coordinates with other departments to understand and meet their requirements.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of server and network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Training and instruction development on IT-related topics for all employees
- Use of applications
- installation of required software
- Develops, maintains and tests on-site and off-site backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures continued successful implementation
- Salary Range: $100,000-120,000k commensurate on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com