Piper Companies has partnered with a leading multinational private equity firm to spearhead the search for a high-profile Cybersecurity Risk Manager. This position will coordinate multiple teams within the organization to reduce and remove risks, identify security gaps, develop efficiencies and improvements, and improve security metrics. This role is multi-dimensional where you will have your hands in all area of the IT Security environment. This role will also require interfacing with Executives which will require strong business acumen.
This is a FULLTIME opportunity that will be 100% REMOTE for the foreseeable future. The companies headquarters is located in Washington DC (Downtown/Penn Quarter).
Responsibilities of the Cybersecurity Risk Manager:
- Lead and support ongoing security programs which include – Third Party Risk Tracker, Risk Tracker, Security Awareness, Vulnerability Management, Application Security Governance & Assessments
- Conduct enterprise-wide, ongoing risk analysis in tandem with compliance and security
- Maintain strong oversight of third parties, vendors and business partners to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities
- Analyze risk findings, and document, recommend and report gaps to security leadership; lead in mitigation, tracking, and reductions of risks
- Maintain the security awareness program, implement enhancements and efficiencies, and analyze program materials for improvements
- Responsible for the evaluation, analysis, remediation, and tracking of IT security risks in the organization’s environment.
- Helps managers at all levels make informed, risk-based decisions: from IT changes and architecture reviews to vendor risk management and deal team support.
Non-Negotiable Qualifiers of the Cybersecurity Risk Manager:
- Strong experience (5+ Years of recent experience) in Private, Corporate, Commercial or Non-Profit Industries - bonus points for working within Financial Services
- Expertise in multiple facets of Cybersecurity initiatives - essentially a "jack of all trades"
- Consultative / Stakeholder experience - bonus points for Big 4 background
Qualifications of the Cybersecurity Risk Manager:
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience leading Cybersecurity initiatives within well established & fast paced corporate/private organizations
- 3+ years of recent experience working with cloud environments such Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities, and ability to manage complex local and international security requirements
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Agile Foundations, Building Security in Maturity Model (BSIMM), and application security threats (OWSAP Top Ten)
- In depth understanding of vulnerability analysis, risk analysis, attack and threat tree generation, and mitigations for common risks
- Some experience with multiple security roles such as Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Security Projects, Risk Assessments, and Security Operations
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Assurance, MIS or a related fields are required
- Certifications such as CRISC, CISM, CISA or CISSP are strongly preferred
Compensation & Additional Info:
- Salary: $145,000 to $165,000/year + Full Benefits Package
- 100% Remote Option for foreseeable future - will be required to commute into Washington DC (2 to 3 days per week) when the Public Health Crisis stabilizes
- FULLTIME ONLY | No C2C or Contract | Must be able to work for employer without Visa Sponsorship
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Cyber Security & Information Assurance
Washington, DC 20004
Piper Enterprise Solutions