Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking a Mass Spectrometrist to work at a well-established biopharmaceutical company in the Raleigh / Durham area. This position will be for a 6-month contract with the possibility to move into a permanent position.
Responsibilities for Mass Spectrometrist:
- Analyze proteins and peptides through mass spectrometry utilizing LC-UV/MS, LC-MS/MS, and UPLC.
- Complete peptide mapping, disulfide mapping, protein characterization, protein degradation, and purification.
- Analyze any product or process impurities in a cGMP environment.
- Compile all data, conduct data review, conduct peer review, and analyze data to present to internal and external stakeholders.
Technical Requirements for Mass Spectrometrist:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field.
- 0-5 years of experience working with analyzing and characterizing proteins through multiple assays including SDS Page, Western Blot, HPLC, UPLC, and LC-MS.
- Background and understanding of mass spectrometry and characterization of proteins and peptides.
- Hands on experience with analyzing proteins and peptides and assessing for impurities.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience working in a fast paced environment.
Compensation & Benefits for Mass Spectrometrist:
- Compensation: $20-35/hr based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, etc
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Meg Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: mass spec, pharma, pharmaceutical, biotech, biotechnology, protein characterization, HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, GC, scientist, mass spectrometry