Hanover, MD 21076
Piper companies is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Hanover, MD. The mechanical design engineer is responsible for executing design tasks developing and manufacturing of robust Smart Grid utility products. This position supports senior design leads, including employees and contractors, with detailed design, manufacturing process definition and vendor coordination. Hands-on fabrication of prototypes using multiple manufacturing methods will be required. The design engineer will be responsible for direct execution of qualification tests and lab reports. Direct engagement with suppliers is expected.
1. Design Engineering- Working in a team environment, the design engineer will produce detailed concepts and production designs of components meeting requirements for long life in severe outdoor conditions. Frequent and regular communication with design leads and management are expected including informal conversations and formal presentations. Production components will include polymers and metals and will include machining, molding, sheet metal forming and coating processes.
2. Design Prototype Fabrication and Test- Produce prototype components for evaluation using inside tools and outside vendors. Expected processes include rapid prototype machines of various styles, machined parts, molded parts and stock components. Perform in-house benchtop evaluations for form and function and coordinate outside testing as necessary. Present results in a standardized format to management.
3. Vendor Relations- Identify candidate processes and suppliers, occasional travel for vendor qualification, component valuation, first run trials, and audits as directed by engineering management.
4. Documentation Management- Perform regular tasks associated with engineering documentation management following company guidelines.
5. Process Equipment Design and Management- Design and maintain process equipment under the direction of senior engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Salary Range: $100,000-120,000 commensurate with experience and education
Full benefits: Full Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Holidays
Please send ONLY qualified candidates to Joseph Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanover, MD 21076