Piper Companies is currently seeking an Open Source (LAMP) Application Developer to be part of a dynamic software development division. As such, the position is a key contributor to the integration, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and production support for a variety of internal administrative systems.
This position is located Downtown Washington, DC (Union Station area)
- Provide full life-cycle development including design, development, testing and implementation of projects that support business goals.
- Take ownership of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive architecture and integration documentation.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture, follow defined guidelines and coding standards and meet user requirements.
- Monitor production applications, supporting applications and integrated web services via production monitoring solutions.
- Identify process improvements and enhancements to existing business and IT processes that will increase operating efficiencies.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of progressive systems development experience utilizing a full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 5+ years of experience with PHP development and associated tools
- Ability to work with COTS low-code development platforms and environments
- Experience with CRM platforms such as SugarCRM and/or SuiteCRM
- Experience with relational database design and development using MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful API services
- Proven experience diagnosing and resolving problems
- Experience leading others in the development and deployment of mid-to-large size projects
- Familiarity with MVC development models
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with OpenShift / Docker
- Windows and Linux experience
- Git Version Control Experience
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience working on agile self-organized, cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with agile principles, processes, and methods such as iterative and incremental development, continuous integration, test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, code refactoring, pair programming, and Scrum ceremonies.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong documentation skills
- Team player, flexible/adaptable, responsible and accountable
- Strong problem solving and service delivery skills, particularly in the presentation and education of technological issues and solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Efficient problem identification and resolution skills
- Value added mentality
- Demonstration of careful attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Technology or 5-7 years of equivalent experience
- Salary: $110,000 - $120,000/year (6 month Right-to-Hire)
- Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Guardian Dental, VSP Vision, 401k Match with Voya, Paid Time Off, 1-2 Days Remote Flexibility
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Washington, DC 20002
Confidential / Public Trust