Piper Companies is looking for a Polymer Engineer II for one of the worlds leading Medical device and materials development companies. The Polymer Engineer II would be responsible for the research and development of materials for medical devices as well as the overall quality and manufacturing of these products. They would also ensure the compliance of GMP and ISO standards for this Exton, PA based company.
Responsibilities for the Polymer Engineer II include:
- Design specifications of prototype biomaterials, medical devices and instruments from minimal product descriptions
- Develop and monitor injection molding processes, and fabrication process from lab to full scale manufacturing
- Plan, construct and implement DOEs and PFMEAs as required to develop or validate new or
- Identifying and accounting for variables required to maximizing performance at prototype, lab/pilot, and full production scale for thermoplastic/thermoset injection molding and/or extrusion processing
Qualifications for the Polymer Engineer II include:
- 2 years + of experience in R&D, Process Engineering, Product Development of medical products and biomaterials, or a related industry.
- Understanding of Injection molding and plastic Extrusion design for manufacturing, process conditions, and tooling.
- Experience in equipment and process validations (IQ, OQ, and PQ) and the transfer of new processes and equipment into manufacturing
- Working knowledge of ISO, QSR, and cGMP regulations
- B.S. in Bioengineering or a related field
Compensation for the Polymer Engineer II include:
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $90,000
- Full benefits package