Senior Project Manager, Procurement
Piper Companies is looking for a Senior Procurement Project Manager for a long-term contract opportunity in Columbia, MD. The Procurement Project Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Regional Procurement Vice President to set and execute strategies to deliver targeted savings within their assigned country (or countries) while meeting the business needs of the organization in terms of service and Quality. This includes ensuring use of global and regional contracts where possible, driving country level strategic sourcing initiatives, managing country level supplier relationships, and developing strong working relationships with institutions in their assigned country(ies) to understand and meet their procurement related business needs.
This is a high visibility role with regular touchpoints with Executive leadership as well as Country Sr. Managers and leaders. The role will involve working a global team across multiple sites to manage the purchasing of materials efficiently from suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains relationships with institutions, functional business areas, global and regional procurement teams, and CoE Procurement Operations to gather, analyze, and convey information to support category management and sourcing efforts within their assigned country or countries
- Establishes and reviews overall country spend to identify and implement improvements and demand management opportunities within the country
- Oversees the development and management of the global Sourcing Plan at country level, including coordinating sourcing and category management activities
- Identification and execution of key projects such as leading country level sourcing events, including development of project work plan, category profile, category strategy, minimum requirements and evaluation criteria, solicitation documents, supplier negotiations, award recommendations, agreement implementation plans, and savings measurement
- Develop and manage a set of key performance indicators for those relationships.
- Conducts extensive marketplace and supplier research as needed to make more informed decisions
- Manages and oversees key supplier relationships within their assigned country or countries
- Negotiates and manages the execution and administration of country level contracts, including initiating contract amendments, renewals, and terminations
- Manages and facilitates the constructive resolution of issues and disputes
- Addresses escalated issues / questions from Contact Center within agreed upon timeframes, documenting resolutions within Ticket Management system
- Develops and maintains category cards on the Buyer Portal to help users identify and effectively use country level contracts or preferred buying channels
- Works with institutions and functional areas to maximize compliance and optimize spend with global, regional, and country level contracts
- Responsible for the strategies that will enhance Procurement processes that will allow for acquisitions and an agile supply chain under the best conditions of price and service
- Responsible for developing the mechanisms necessary to evaluate the process of the area, with the intent of improving conditions using a continuous enhancement approach
- Propose cost saving strategies by replacing assets for alternative options that give Laureate a greater benefit without losing quality or satisfaction
- Supports CoE in identifying suppliers as needed to support Spot Buy activities
- Understands and drives compliance to country level procurement related requirements, laws, and regulations
- Interact with SSC organization to define thresholds, provide category strategy guidance when required, define overall Procurement processes to attend business demand.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Finance, Procurement or Supply Chain Specific MBA’s or Post graduation courses are desirable
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a Senior Procurement function
- 6 + years of leadership experience within a Global organization
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and global, cross-functional project management skills required
- Solid experience around Strategic Sourcing methodology and tools
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the dynamics of managing multi-functional team members is required
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the dynamics of managing procurement teams is required.
- Understanding of and ability to lead cross-functional change management processes required.
- Knowledge of and direct experience working with vendors and staff
- Successful, multi-year Procurement track record
- PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Columbia, MD 21046