Product Owner – Data Lake
Why IQVIA? A career at IQVIA puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. We have been named to the 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 lists of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT". If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, IQVIA is the place
for you. We are seeking dynamic, highly motivated and results focused individuals that take an innovative and consultative approach to driving and achieving success. Apply now for our Product Owner – Data Lake position located in our Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC office.
Vision 20% - “Product Owner – Data Lake” is a strategic role that focuses on establishing a scalable, secure, governed, and reliable mass parallel processing data lake vision by working very collaborating with internal and external business and technology stakeholders and by bringing in industry trends.
Product management 50% - “Product Owner – CDR Data lake” would own the entire product life cycle of “Data Lake” product for external and internal stakeholders. This would require them to set the product vision and definition, features and capabilities, integration with other services within CDR, roadmap construction and management, socialization and engagement and working closely with architects and engineers to ensure a high quality modern product is being designed for CDR Eco-System
Business relationship management 20% - “Product Owner CDR Data Lake” will be focused on establishing and nurturing strong relationship with their stakeholders, this includes internal business customers, external business clients, other product owners within the group, Architects and analysts and engineering team, along with their peers in various IQVIA business units
Innovation and thought leadership 10% - “Product Owner CDR Data Lake” will be a change agent with a desire to challenge status quo. They will be very well aware of modern data lake trends and design patterns and will work with their peers, business users and clients to introduce new concepts and ideas that are relevant for IQVIA’s business model. They will work with users, architects and engineers to create a concept of new idea that can be turned into a POC and then into an MVP.
- Full accountability and ownership of data lake product, platform, environment, best practices and tools and methods related to security, scalability, multi-tenancy, encryption capabilities
- Introduce innovating concepts to improve and sustain security, scalability and multi-tenancy of data platform and associated data capabilities
- Responsible for socializing their vision with business groups and soliciting feedback to establish an IQVIA specific context around the vision
- Constantly perform a gap analysis between industry trends and maturity IQVIA RDS’s data storage and processing needs
- Turn vision into a multiyear roadmap and establish a strategy to achieve this roadmap
- Establish and manage relationships and expectations with internal and external users
- Be a change agent and work with various business groups to establish a value proposition around data storage, processing and publishing
- Work with engineering organization(s) and data analysis teams to establish projects to achieve roadmap milestones and goals
- Work with external (existing as well as new) vendors to evaluate new technologies that are “fit for purpose” for IQVIA RDS’s needs
- Work with Leadership to establish financials, budgets and costing for Data Lake product roadmap for CDR
- Be “Industry aware” and bring in new concepts and ideas to IQVIA and challenge status quo
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise implementing and managing of a high-performance mass parallel data computing system like Apache Hadoop and frameworks like Apache Spark
- Good understanding of sub-components within Hadoop Eco-system like HDFS, Spark, Impala, Sentry, Atlas, Hbase, Hive, Solr and more
- Expertise of modern parallel data computing and storage best practices. Encryption for data at rest, perimeter security, Edge security, Encryption for Data in motion.
- Good knowledge of using Micro-service and API driven design to build loosely coupled data eco-system, services and capabilities.
- Industry awareness of understanding and interpreting relational data models
- Industry awareness of NoSQL, search and graph computing models
- Industry awareness of advanced analytics and data science concepts
- Ability to work independently with high level directions
- Understanding of Cloud native design and architecture from usage and product management standpoint. Awareness of AWS data platform and related capabilities.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, understanding business problems and opportunities and aligning these opportunities with technical capabilities
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline and minimum 5 years of experience with applicable tools; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Would be Nice, if you also have:
- Knowledge with data quality frameworks, methodologies and technologies
- Knowledge in Master data management processes, trends and technologies like Informatica MDM
- High level understands of data enabled APIs and its impact on modern data eco-system
- Basic understanding of Self-Serve Data wrangling and analysis concepts
- Knowledge of clinical data used for clinical drug development.
- Experience with the clinical drug development industry, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of HL7, EHR/EMR standards, CDISC ODM, SDTM, CDASH or ADAM standards a plus.
- Knowledge of data governance processes and concepts such as business glossary, data catalogs, metadata management and data dictionaries
- Familiarity with Quality Center, Agile methodologies a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great stakeholder management, collaborative skills and a pro-active mindset
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
- An entrepreneurial approach to day to day activities