Piper Companies is seeking a skilled Program Manager to fill an opening within a growing contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) company located in the greater Rockville area. The Program Manager will be responsible for assisting with and managing all aspects of project lifecycle in a pharmaceutical setting from drug development and technology transfer to manufacturing in a fast-paced cGMP/GLP settling. The ideal candidate will have prior industry experience and be familiar and comfortable developing business, communicating timelines and presenting deliverables to a wide ranges of clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
This is a Direct Placement opportunity.
Responsibilities for the Program Manager
- Develop and communicate project status to end clients, indicating milestones relating to progress, timeline and scope changes as well as any technical quality issues to all internal parties as well as to the end client. The Program Manager will serve as primary liaison to client for all major communication
- Technical expertise in cell line development, upstream and downstream process development, technology transfer as well as manufacturing
- Customer driven champion able to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Communicate a clear and consistent vision to client in order to project success and delays in the scope of the project
- Analyze risk and develop contingency plans to enact in event of unforeseen delays and problems.
- Cross-Functional management and support across multiple internal teams including but not limited to business development/sales, research and development, process development and technology transfer, manufacturing as well as quality and shipping/receiving.
Qualifications for the Program Manager
- Works continually to increase his/her knowledge and understanding of FDA regulations and familiarity with GMP/GLP guidelines.
- Strong communicator able to mentor and train more junior level staff
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with over 5 years of experience in a cGMP environment is required for consideration. A Master’s degree with 2-5 years of experience or a Ph.D. 2+ years strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred
Compensation for the Program Manager:
Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, and 401K