Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
The Program Manager is responsible for facilitating program execution across an organizational IT project portfolio. In this capacity, the program manager leads a team that is responsible for escalating impediments, managing risk, maintaining relationship with clients, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. The Program Manager ensures mission execution and leads / facilitates project teams through development and delivery. Engages directly with stakeholders to define mission value and to prioritize work.
- Interfaces with stakeholder management, various IT workstreams, and IT support teams.
- Provides focus and consistency to all current and future projects.
- Works closely to ensure projects are following established global template standards. Coaches all workstreams and has a continued focus on quality and commitment. Reinforces absolute transparency across the deliverables.
- Escalates critical issues for appropriate/timely resolution.
- Facilitates sharing of best practices through informal communication channels and/or formal training sessions.
- Interprets and maintains basic financial management schedules including budgets, forecasts and other related financial information. Review budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. Develops best practices, techniques, and tools for release planning, milestone/dependency tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Effectively communicates and manages project expectations to stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationships with members of the international institutions involved in value delivery.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in different cultures and environments.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive information technology experience in project implementation and PMO organizations in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
- A solid background of experience and an impressive record of innovation and attainment of goals within complex environments, especially in a global enterprise environment and matrixed organizations.
- Previous international experience is required as well as the ability to travel.
- Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work, are required.
- Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and challenging environment, working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives.
- PMI and/or Scaled Agile certifications are helpful.
- Bilingual candidate with Spanish and/or Portuguese desired
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
650 S. Exeter St. #12 Baltimore, MD 21202
Piper Enterprise Solutions