IT Program Manager Job Description
The Program Manager is responsible for facilitating program execution across an organizational IT project portfolio. In this capacity, the program manager leads a team that is responsible for escalating impediments, managing risk, maintaining relationship with clients, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. The Program Manager ensures mission execution and leads / facilitates project teams through development and delivery. Engages directly with stakeholders to define mission value and to prioritize work.
This IT Program Manager will report to the Agile Program Office (APO) Director. The APO is part of the IT Function that follows an Agile approach for delivery (SAFe 5.0) and is responsible for a portfolio of complex IT Projects on behalf of the CIO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces with business stakeholders, third-party contractors and companies, Agile IT Teams, Change Enablement Team, and IT support/operational teams.
- Provides focus and consistency to select current and future projects.
- Works closely to ensure projects are following best practice and Laureate Compliance Standards.
- Has a continued focus on quality and commitment. Reinforces absolute transparency across the deliverables.
- Escalates critical issues for appropriate/timely resolution.
- Interprets and maintains basic financial management schedules including budgets, forecasts and other related financial information. Proposes and recommends budget and scope changes where necessary.
- Responsible for project plans, contract processing, milestone/dependency tracking, communication oversight, and reporting.
- Effectively communicates and manages project expectations to stakeholders and the APO Director.
- Facilitates and runs Steering Committees on behalf of the APO
- Adapts to and functions effectively in different cultures and environments.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive information technology experience in complex project environments and PMO organizations in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
- An impressive record of attaining tough goals especially in driving change to tight deadlines in complex business environments with multiple, often conflicting, stakeholder imperatives.
- Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work, are required.
- Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and challenging environment, working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
· PMI and/or other equivalent Project Management qualifications are a given
· Experience of Agile delivery in SAFe is highly desirable
· Having worked in the Higher Education business is also desirable
· Familiarity with DevOps and Microsoft SharePoint/Teams is a bonus
Salary: $135,000 plus 15% annual bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K