Piper Companies is looking for a Project Manager for a long-term opportunity supporting our client in Sparks, MD. The Project Manager will be responsible for driving the overall delivery and support of product development projects to ensure cost-effectiveness, schedule-adherence and quality are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide software product support to key level managers.
- Act as consultant to business users. Gather client requirements, understand software application needs and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Manage initiation, project planning, scope management, requirements gathering and management, budget management, resource management, time management (activities & task planning), communications, risk management, procurement, quality assurance and testing, user training, program / project delivery and transition planning according to project needs.
- Analyze business problems and processes to be addressed on customer online applications. Communicate a defined problem and requirements to development team.
- Document testable requirements and work closely with Quality Assurance (QA) team to generate software application scenarios covering positive and negative test cases.
- Balance the development, identification and application of new technology to drive product differentiation with customer needs, performance, risk and quality.
- Facilitate all customer demands, evaluate requests, manage prioritization and work with the appropriate technical team to resolve issues.
- Keep up to date with the Business Analysis profession, identifying ways to incorporate new tools or trends into their work.
- Mentor and lead junior analysts and Project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, International Business or Business Management.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP and CSM certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Experienced and skilled in computer systems in a windows-based environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Visio.
- Experience working in a .Net environment
- Proficient in SDLC.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experienced in Agile Project Management.
- Strong strategic thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clearly and effectively.
- Superior listening, oral and written skills.
- Must be able to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- Salary commensurate on experience with a targeted range between 95,000-110,000/yr with flexibility for candidates that exceed the posted requirements
- Full benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Sparks, MD 21152