Piper Companies is seeking for a Software QA Engineer to work with a world class Software Test Automation team. The ideal candidate must have a strong working knowledge of verification and validation of software applications and a programming background for test automation.
Responsibilities for the Python Automation Engineer will include:
- Work with external customers and internal departments such as sales, SEs, PLM and Engineering teams to identify the steps required to deliver complex solutions with quality
- Work closely with developers and other stakeholders in Engineering and cross-functional teams throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC), executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
- Own all automated testing for assigned features and functionality including writing the automation scripting, associated library development and any interactions with 3rd party software APIs.
- Champion ‘out-of-the-box thinking’ with new testing techniques to improve efficiency and enhance quality of software releases.
Qualifications for the Python Automation Engineer:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in CS or EE or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in CS or EE or equivalent with 1+ years of experience.
- Experience or knowledge of test automation is preferred and having used one or more of the following scripting languages – Python (must), Ruby, Perl, Tcl.
- Skills should include a strong understanding of L2/L3 networking functions such as VPNs, VLAN management, DHCP relay functions and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Knowledge of routing policies and classifiers, QoS & IP TOS, switched digital video and multicast using IGMP, PIM & MLD is an advantage.
- Experience in use of test equipment and traffic generation tools such as open-source packet generation tools or other networking tools.
- Understanding and use of common networking elements such as Juniper/Cisco router configuration and networking tools such as sniffers and packet analyzers.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Sunnyvale, CA 94085