Piper Companies is looking for a Software Quality Manager for a health customer based in Rockville, MD. The applications in the environment are .NET/Microsoft based and candidates ideally have experience with Automated Testing Tools (Selenium Preferred)
Overall Responsibilities for QA Manager:
- Oversee the successful management of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Oversee the successful completion of the regression and release cycles.
- Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards.
- Establishes software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing, and maintenance.
- Develops and implements software/systems testing standards and procedures, and coordinates testing.
- Documents and analyzes test results, and makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
- Coordinates testing of purchased third-party software and/or services to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Quality Assurance personnel, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Implement, track, and ensure targeted completion of the QA Department priorities and goals.
- Maintain policies and programs, as approved by Management and in line with the customer’s strategic direction, to support and enhance the QA Department.
- Provide KPI reports to Management as to the status and progress of the Regression testing, Release items, and Enhancements.
- Strive for continuous improvement by recommending changes to policies and or procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Developing and driving high-level strategic initiatives, and also rolling up your sleeves, digging in and getting the job done.
- Writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
- Making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 5 years in a lead role or management position.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of coding/ programming languages and the correlating QA needs.
- Knowledge and application of risk analysis in QA process, including documentation.
- Ability to manage conflict and quickly develop strategies for resolution.
- Ability to systemically approach strategic planning.
- Lead special projects to completion; assigns out roles and deliverables to team while working to both develop team members as well as meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Knowledge of both product development and corporate practice.
- Works collaboratively with other departments.
- Passion and experience for maintaining a high-quality bar and ownership.
- Track record of ownership for a production service with stress and load testing.
- Comfortable and effective communicating with both technical and non-technical leaders verbally and in writing.
- Experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria
- Proven knowledge of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automation tools.
Compensation: The position is a direct hire with a starting salary of $135k commensurate upon experience.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Rockville, MD 20852