Piper Companies is looking for a Reactive Extrusion Engineer responsible for developing, configuring, and optimizing processes from inception through to start up and implementation into manufacturing including, assessing process capability & robustness, performing experimental / engineering runs and utilizing in-depth data analysis to drive decision making for a Manufacturing Company in Exton, PA.
Responsibilities for the Reactive Extrusion Engineer include:
- Optimize new component and/or device fabrication processes from inception to finished product
- Plan and set up DOE to optimize processes
- Design and plan process improvement/process troubleshooting experiments in manufacturing and create PFMEAs
- Provide technical assessments of proposed or newly implemented process changes
- Write or support writing of protocols, reports, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for implementation of new products and manufacturing processes
- Provide technical assessments of new equipment or tooling
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend and/or implement improvements in the areas of Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
Qualifications for the Reactive Extrusion Engineer include:
- BS degree in Chemical, Biochemical or Polymer Engineering. Master’s degree or Ph. D. preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of reactive extrusion process development, ideally with experience in medical grade polyurethane chemistry.
- Possesses experience in scoping, purchasing, installation, and operation of chemical manufacturing equipment, as well as the designing of safe & robust chemical processes.
- Experience in equipment and process validations (IQ, OQ, and PQ) and the transfer of new processes and equipment into manufacturing.
- Strong experience in Root Cause analysis and incident investigation skills as well as problem solving.
- Technical knowledge and experience in managing multiple projects / tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO, QSR, cGMP regulations and other relevant regulatory and quality requirements – specifically as related to the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and/or medical grade materials.
Compensation for the Reactive Extrusion Engineer include:
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
- Full benefits package
Please send resume to Derek Herbine: email@example.com