Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking a Research and Development Scientist to work at a well-established biopharmaceutical company in the Raleigh / Durham area.
Responsibilities for Research and Development Scientist:
- Head various aspects of the project including design of experiments, set up, execution and process improvements.
- Manage 2-3 research associates for assistance with work and projects for the development of drug products derived from mammalian proteins and antibodies.
- Coordinate efforts of the team as well as interact with clients and management for updates on the progress of the team.
- Perform stability and pre-formulation testing on proteins and antibodies through various test methods including ELISA, HPLC, Western Blot, Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Osmolality, Karl Fischer, Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Conduct data analysis, ensure proper GMP documentation, and conduct peer review of data.
Technical Requirements for Research and Development Scientist:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in biology, biochemistry, or related field plus 1-4 years of experience in research and development working with mammalian proteins, antibodies, and/or vaccines in a GMP regulated laboratory.
- Hands on experience with analytical test methods and technologies including ELISA, HPLC, UPLC, Western Blot, SEC, Osmolality, Karl Fischer, Capillary Electrophoresis.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with design of experiment (DOE) and leading associates on a project.
Compensation & Benefits for Research and Development Scientist:
- Compensation: $90,000-115,000, based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, etc
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Meg Smith at email@example.com