Piper Companies is actively seeking a passionate Research & Development Engineer who has a true calling in working within one of the most leading-edge Research & Development organizations in the Washington DC area. We are seeking candidates with an interest in innovative research as well as a commitment to developing solutions for the real world.
This will be supporting DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency). If inventing, prototyping and engineering breakthrough technologies for our government and intelligence community gets you excited...then it may be worth submitting your resume. If you are the type of individual that wants to make an impact for our country by aiding in the development of Cyber Operations tools and researching novel solutions in order to make a direct impact on operational requirements, then you will fit right in with the team
Responsibilities of the R&D Engineer includes:
- Solve cutting edge cyber security problems with a talented multi-discipline group of researchers
- Develop custom software/hardware that implement research prototypes
- Transition successful R&D prototypes to customers
- Hone your skills in reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and program/binary analysis
Requirements of the R&D Engineer includes:
- Experienced with Reverse Engineering, Vulnerability Research, and Program Analysis.
- Thorough understanding of memory management concepts (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
- Enough level of comfort reading and writing assembly language (x86 and/or ARM)
- Some experience with program analysis techniques and tools such as taint analysis, program slicing, symbolic execution, constraint solving, dynamic instrumentation, IDA Pro, WinDbg, Valgrind, PIN, Panda, and S2E
- Working knowledge of hacking tools and techniques such as memory corruption exploits, fuzzing, rootkits, protocol poisoning, browser-based attacks, DNS poisoning, MetaSploit, nmap, Nessus, etc.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Interested in building out our team culture and capabilities
Compensation & Benefits of the R&D Engineer includes:
- Salary: $125,000 to $150,000/year + Bonus
- Benefits: 401k Match, Equity Incentives, Alternate Work Schedule, 4 Weeks PTO, 10 Holidays, Medical, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Paid On-Site Parking, Profit Sharing
- Work Life Balance: Alternate Work Schedule Options, Remote Flexibility, Onsite Gym
If Interested, please send resumes to Mike Hanlon at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Arlington, VA 22203