Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking nurses for discharge planner positions at a major hospital system in the Raleigh/Durham area. This position has the option to work Monday through Friday 9-5pm or 1-9pm schedule.
Responsibilities for Discharge Planner – RN:
- See patients in the hospital to evaluate, discuss, and educate patients and/or their families on their plan of care.
- Educate patients and their families on their insurance coverage, prescribed medication, wellness best practices, and available resources.
- Coordinate with medical professionals to ensure quality of care and cost-effective care for the patients.
- Will perform other duties as needed by the patient including arranging transportation, coordinating obtaining medical devices, and arranging in home care.
- Review medical charts, extract data, input data, and write up summaries in relation to the evaluations and interviews.
Technical Requirements for Discharge Planner – RN:
- Must be a certified RN with an active North Carolina state license
- At least 2 years of hands on patient care experience within a hospital setting including admitting and discharging in various units.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with EMR systems, word processing applications and data management systems.
Compensation & Benefits for Discharge Planner – RN:
- Compensation: $50,000-65,000 based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO et