Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Frederick, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Duration: 6 Month contract to hire
Our client is looking for a Scrum Master to assist with managing multiple scrum teams to help develop mostly web-based applications.
- Support the product development process: Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress within the agreed reporting framework
- Support and enforce the Agile methodology and framework used by the project team
- Fulfill the role of the Scrum Master, leading product development teams in the delivery of business critical, enterprise software development projects to our production systems
- Ensure the Scrum Framework is implemented effectively and assist with internal and external communication to improve transparency
- Assist with product backlog maintenance as needed and assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments, facilitate team discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide support with risk management, release management, facilitate release planning activities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer’s lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience working as part of the Scrum team as a Scrum Master
- Minimum of 9 years of experience working in an IT related projects/programs
- Experience teaching others how to become Agile and/or taking a team from Waterfall to Agile
- Certification: Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
- Experience with application development, application planning, and deployment.
- Experience leading efforts to prepare life cycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Frederick, MD 20850