Piper Companies is currently looking for a Security Engineer in McLean, VA to work for a Network Services company to lead IT Security processes, Operations, and Compliance.
Responsibilities for the Security Engineer include:
- Work directly with all levels, from Program Managers, to Department Heads, as a hands-on leader to oversee daily IT Security Operational issues.
- Review and monitor networks for malicious activity and provide high-level assessments on existing vulnerabilities in IT Security processes.
- Build Test Plans and scenarios for Penetration Testing, and guide team members on Enterprise-level best practices
- Ensure compliance of IT Security Services, Security Operations, and IT Security Environment with company policies and PCI/SOC standards
- Be able to work hands-on in performing daily IT Security functions, and provide strategic recommendations to Senior Management teams
- Monitor systems, firewalls, and operations to help improve performance, quality, and service of Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS).
Qualifications for the Security Engineer include:
- 8+ years of experience in providing all-encompassing support of IT Security Operations and Procedures
- Experience in IT Security assessments, and implementing new security solutions & systems such as IPS, IDS, SIEM, and firewalls
- Evaluate and leverage best of breed industry tools such as Trend Micro Deep Security, Sumo Logic, Veracode, Qualys, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, IT Systems or related work experience
Compensation and Benefits for the Security Engineer include:
Salary Range: $120,000/yr - $150,000/hr based on experience
Full Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, and PTO days.
Please submit resumes to Tony Chin at TChin@PiperCompanies.com
IT Security, Security Assessment, PenTest, Penetration Test, Penetration Testing, Malicious, Vulnerability, Security Engineer, Cyber Security, Trend Micro Deep Security, Sumo Logic, Veracode, Qualys, Amazon Web Services, AWS, Mobility, IPS, Intrusion, IDPS, PCI, SOC2, SOC, SIEM, Firewall, Breach, Benefits, Holiday, 401k