Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist to work at a mid-sized pharmaceutical company in the Raleigh / Durham area.
Responsibilities for Senior Analytical Chemist:
- Be the SME for method development and method validation for HPLC, UPLC, and GC.
- Lead method development through hands-on work as well as overseeing and mentoring junior scientists on the project.
- Develop and train junior scientists on analytical techniques and methods.
- Review, revise and rewrite SOPs in the analytical development department.
- Be hands-on in the lab by leading and executing experiments with drug product and drug substance.
Technical Requirements for Senior Analytical Chemist:
- Masters Degree or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a fast-paced pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or life sciences environment.
- Working understanding of scientific theory behind analytical development, development of drug products, and research and development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with method validation and method development for HPLC, UPLC, and GC.
- Experience with mass spectrometry including LC-MS and GC-MS.
- Minimum 2 years of experience training and mentoring junior scientists on scientific theory, method validation and method development.
- Strong organizational and written communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits for Senior Analytical Chemist:
- Compensation: based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Meg Smith at email@example.com
Keywords: pharmaceutical, biotechnology, SOPs, analytical chemistry, drug product, drug substance, research and development, analytical development, HPLC, UPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, mass spectrometry