Piper Companies is searching for a Senior Database Developer for their client in downtown Baltimore, MD. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with SQL Databases including building data warehousing & business intelligence solutions. If you or someone you know is interested, please email me your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and give me a call at 410-844-7783. I look forward to hearing back from you soon! Thanks!
The Senior Developer is in charge of for all aspects of software development life cycle and data warehouse development. The ideal candidate will jointly lead development and implementation of a new enterprise data warehouse including operational and analytical reporting capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building and maintaining enterprise data warehouse
- Document requirements and processes as needed
- Assist with planning, management and implementation of solution projects to meet company goals
- Liaise with external contractors for ongoing support and development
- Ensure all work and changes performed are within data warehouse standards and guidelines
- Mentor and train less experienced developers
- 5+ years’ experience building data warehouse and business intelligence solutions in a SQL Server environment
- 5+ years’ experience building data ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong T-SQL skills, including 5+ years’ experience building and modifying stored procedures, functions, creating tables and views
- 3+ years Healthcare Industry experience
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited technical understanding
- 2+ years’ experience / knowledge with SQL Server Database Administration (DBA)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience is preferred
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) experience is a plus!
- Experience with business intelligence software is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems or related field.
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Key Words: SQL, database, warehouse, data, intelligence, solutions, SSRS, SSAS, DBA, T-SQL, SSIS, relational databases, medical, dental, vision, 401K