Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking for a Senior DBA to work on a growing team. We are currently only seeking candidates that are located in the Richmond, VA area.
Responsibilities of the Sr DBA include:
- Assist in design, development and implementation of database architecture and database solutions for new “Speed-to-Market” SOA-based Agile projects underway
- Support end-to-end execution from roadmap to implementation of database consolidations, migrations, conversions and upgrades
- Support design and build of large, complex Oracle databases running on Oracle 11g/12c environments with features for data compression, partitioning, RAC, RMAN, Data Guard
- Support analysis of business and application requirements to translate into new or modified database or data capabilities
- Educate and influence stakeholders to promote an understanding of the environments, increase simplification, risk management, and promote reuse and innovation.
- Maintain and develop database design within the business and IT teams to ensure system availability, performance, and data quality.
- Partner with business and architecture teams to properly engineer effective database solutions that ensure reliability, quality, and scalability.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and relationships with infrastructure teams and application managers and teams.
Requirements of the Sr DBA include:
- Solid knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g, good understanding of 12c features and technical database concepts, such as: logical relational data modeling, physical data modeling, tuning large instances, resource management, data replication and backup/recovery techniques.
- At least 5 plus years of experience with implementations, upgrades, conversions and consolidation projects with Oracle databases.
- Requires strong ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Requires at least 3 years of working knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (Oracle OEM/Cloud Control), Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, database management, system administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Solid understanding of the Mortgage Insurance industry and the challenges with building databases to meet the changing business environment preferred.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Unix/Linux Shell scripts, Powershell, Perl.
Compensation for the Sr DBA:
Starting salary ranges between $55-$65 per hour worked plus medical, dental, vision, 401k and PTO benefits package.
Please send resumes to Michael Moreno at email@example.com
Keywords: SQL Server, Mongo, NoSQL, Elasticsearch