Piper Companies is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Operations Analyst for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Laurel, MD. This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Information Services (IS) infrastructure and software systems. This includes database software, network application software, core processing, and microcomputer-based applications in support of our client’s overall operations. This is a team leadership role that supports the Manager, IS Operations by facilitating, monitoring, and coaching the team’s work and progress.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinates the daily work of the IS Operations area to include helping to prioritize tasks and determine work assignments. Also works closely with other IS areas and user departments to coordinate stable rollout of new software programs and releases.
- Provides direction and guidance on problem resolution to the IS Operations staff. Includes overseeing the support of user problems and the answering of user questions relative to application and database issues.
- Provides cross training and development opportunities for IS Operations staff to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that internal technical documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Assists in preparation of performance evaluations for the IS Operations staff.
- Provides technical support for projects in support of requirements evaluating options and developing project plans to ensure appropriate coordination and sequencing of tasks.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of systems. Supports the database application system(s), installs and supports LAN, microcomputer based, and host-based software.
- Ensures that current and complete documentation of system specifications are maintained, and that parameters and procedures are updated regularly.
- Establishes and coordinates backup procedures for network applications in conjunction with Technical Services. Validates and updates IS Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Recommends new systems to provide the most efficient utilization of automation. Also tests installations to ensure systems are operational to standards.
- Analyzes software updates and recommends enhancements.
- Supports user departments with accurate and timely responses to requests for information or assistance regarding application software thus optimizing utilization of automation capabilities.
- Establishes procedures, transaction protocol and report parameters based on user requirements. Determines user software and system configuration requirements.
- Based on workflow, physical layout and functional requirements, the incumbent recommends structure of the network and application accessibility.
- Acts as back up in the absence of the Manager, IS Operations to handle daily operational & helpdesk activities and refers all non-operational issues to IS Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with three to five years related and progressively responsible professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess expertise in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word (certification is a plus).
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a LAN environment, preferably with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 7 in an Active Directory environment.
- Must possess knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in PC support and configuration, specifically with Windows 2012, Windows 7 in an Active Directory network environment.
- Must possess operational knowledge and proficiency working within a mainframe database and/or open systems environment such as HP-UX to include trouble-shooting experience. Must be able to enter data, sort and extract information from data base systems through query development.
- Must possess knowledge and proficiency with a job automation tool such as UC4 or Automic.
- Must possess knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft SQL administration and query development.