Principal Java Developer
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Principal Java Developer to focus on web application development in Cary, NC. This developer will focus on applications that improve the safety and efficiency
Responsibilities for the Principal Java Developer:
- backend development of new features using Java/Spring and other technologies.
- Work in an Agile development team
- Work with a wide range of technologies including, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Messaging Queue, REST web services
- Lead code reviews, work with architecture team and bridge gaps between development/architecture teams and provide mentorship to junior developers in an agile environment.
Required Experience for the Principal Java Developer:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in a Java environment.
- 2+ years in a role with team lead or technical lead responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise in Java/Spring gained through experience
- Experience with an object-relational mapping framework
- Experience with web service development in either REST or SOAP or Spring Web Service
Bonus (not required for consideration) Experience for the Principal Java Developer:
- Experience with any MQ tool is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Apache Camel is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Docker is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field.
Compensation for the Principal Java Developer:
- Compensation includes a competitive base salary ranging between $110,000 - $135,000 ($52.88-$64.90 per hour worked), commensurate with experience and expertise.
- This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with a 6 month transition period, in addition to hourly rate, competitive benefits package inclusive of PTO, medical, dental, vision and 401k plan is offered to selected candidates.
Send resumes to Marvick Burgos at firstname.lastname@example.org