Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Java Engineer to join a team that creates software solutions to help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. They are instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Design modification and execution of solution
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Disaster recovery testing
- Provide support of critical production issues
- Work well on small, high-performing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and 1 year of software engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Salary: $120,000 to $130,000/year
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, PTO, Holidays
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Rockville, MD 20852