Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to place directly with our client located in Cary, NC. This company has a great culture and excellent development team. Their software products are dynamic and top-notch and they are looking to grow their team with the right person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain custom web services and web-based applications utilizing full life cycle development methodologies.
- Provide application support to business community.
- Participate in joint application development meetings.
- Participate in peer reviews, production control meetings, and system design meetings.
- Test software thoroughly and document code consistently throughout the development process.
- Interface directly with business customers to define and develop solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years hands-on design and development experience in ASP.NET with C# MVC framework, with additional experience using Web Forms framework a plus. Experience with Entity Framework is also required. Experience with WCF is a plus.
- Experience with PHP a plus.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design.
- Experience developing and utilizing SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experience developing applications in a collaborative team environment, with SCRUM (Agile Software Development) preferred.
- Database experience with SQL Server 2008 or later. Additional experience with Oracle or MySQL preferred.
- Strongly quality-driven personality with record of producing ZD/BF (zero-defect/bug-free) software code and applying software implementation best practices.
- Good testing skills using different types of testing (unit, system, regression) and experience with various testing patterns. Familiarity with TDD (test-driven development) is a plus.
- Experience with security and high volume, scalable environments preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and complex environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Please send all resumes to Jeremy Chavis: email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Cary, NC 27513